International flights and Local flights
The region is well served by both international flights from various corners of the world and local flights serving the interiors.
The main international airports in these countries are:
- Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta international airport in Kenya –this serves as the regional hub and all international flights serve this route. These includes KLM, British Airways, Kenya Airways, South African Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines, Emirates, Gulf Air, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Air India etc
- Moi Mombasa international airport in Mombasa Kenya – this airport serves the coastal city of Mombasa Kenya where the beach is the main attraction
- Dar es Salaam international airport –Mwalimu Julius Nyerere international airport in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania –this is the main entry point for the commercial city of Tanzania.
- Kilimanjaro international airport in Arusha Tanzania –This is serves the tourist circuit of Northern Tanzania and Mt Kilimanjaro. It is served by several international airlines chief among these being KLM, South African Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines and Kenya Airways and Precision Airways which is the local Airline
- Zanzibar international airport in Zanzibar Tanzania –This is a small airport with few international direct flights available, it is served mainly by the local flights from Dar, Kilimanjaro and Nairobi international airports. There are several daily flights from each of these airports to Zanzibar.
- Entebbe International airport in Uganda. This is the only main entry point for Uganda and is served by several international airlines. The local flights also connect it with both Kenya and Tanzania with several daily flights.
Each country’s game reserves, National Parks and Coastal Beaches are well served by a reliable network of Airlines that provide both scheduled and or charter flights.
In Kenya, Air Safari Link, Airkenya, Air Fly540, Kenya Airways, Jet link Air and Mombasa Air connect the towns and cities with the parks and reserves as well as the coastal towns
In Tanzania, Precision Air is by far the most dominant with a more widespread network connecting all Tanzania towns and cities; others are Regional Air Services, Coastal Aviation, FlightLink Air, Air Excel etc which all serves the Northern Tanzania circuit and the Southern circuit.
In Uganda, Eagle Air, Challenge Air and Bukasa Air services provide the services required to connect the towns with the parks
Climate and weather patterns: (Kenya)
Generally has two rainy seasons: the short rains of October to December and the long rains of April to early June, the driest months are February and March.
Most days are warm and sunny with cool nights, during the rainy season the evenings and nights are chilly as well as early morning